Ready to hire a cycling coach?
For a variety of reasons, some individuals thrive in a coaching relationship while others suffer. Before you hire any cycling coach, answer these four questions and be honest with yourself:
- Am I currently improving as an athlete? Am I showing continuous improvement as a self-coached athlete? If so, keep up the good work. You are clearly taking appropriate steps with your training. While a coach may be able to boost your performance even more, stick with what you are doing unless you hit a plateau where you just can’t seem to improve. This will be a better time to hire a coach.
- Am I committed to improving my performance? Am I willing and able to make the sacrifices necessary to ride and race faster? Will I commit to a periodized training regimen that may require different types of training throughout the year? Am I motivated to maximize my performance and are willing to traverse a potentially unexpected path to get there?
- Do I have the time? Do I have the time, as well as the support from my family and friends, to make my cycling goals a reality? Training for time trials requires upwards of 10 hours of training weekly. Will I have sufficient time, not only for my training, but for my interactions with my coach?
- Am I willing to listen? This might be the most important question. Am I going to listen to a coach and follow his/her instructions? Will I carry out the training plan as prescribed? Will I perform the workouts as directed?
If you answered “no,” “yes,” “yes,” and “yes” to these four questions, contact us and let’s chat about your cycling goals and a personalized training plan.
Ready to learn more?
Schedule your free hour consultation today. We’ll chat about your cycling goals and all of your concerns about training, racing, gear, and lifestyle.
- 2021 Race #1: Rock River Multisport 20 KM Time TrialApril 25, 20219 days to go.
Subscribe via Email