A view of my life-long passion for competitive running and cycling::
- BEFORE 2001: Running everywhere as a youngster and winning my first cross-country race at age 14, competing in cross country and track in high school, training seriously during college and for eight years afterwards, a failed attempt to make the 1980 Olympic Team, and then running recreationally for another 15 years until forced to stop completely due to a hiatal hernia.
- 2001 – 2004: My first road bike, first racing bike, first race crash, 22 races, two solo centuries, and 33,855 training miles.
- 2005 – 2009: A serious training crash, prostate cancer, a second road bike, no races or centuries, and 29,060 training miles.
- 2010 – 2020: Return to competition as time trial specialist, new time trial bike, new time trial-specific training program. Completed 98 races with 27 victories and 59 podium finishes, including first win in 50 years, and over 60,000 training miles.
- 2021 RACING SCHEDULE: Tentative schedule of races depending on restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 2021 Race #1: Rock River Multisport 20 KM Time TrialApril 25, 202113 days to go.
Subscribe via Email