A view of my life-long passion for competitive running and cycling::
- BEFORE 2001: Running everywhere as a youngster and winning my first cross-country race at age 14, competing in cross country and track in high school, training seriously during college and for eight years afterwards, a failed attempt to make the 1980 Olympic Team, and then running recreationally for another 15 years until forced to stop completely due to a hiatal hernia.
- 2001 – 2004: My first road bike, first racing bike, first race crash, 22 races, two solo centuries, and 33,855 training miles.
- 2005 – 2009: A serious training crash, prostate cancer, a second road bike, no races or centuries, and 29,060 training miles.
- 2010 – 2019: Return to competition as time trial specialist, new time trial bike, new time trial-specific training program. Completed 87 races with 22 victories and 47 podium finishes, including first win in 50 years, and over 55,000 training miles.
- 2020 RACING SCHEDULE: Increasing number of races to 21.
- Race #1: ABD Indoor #1 Rolling Course (Winfield, IL)January 12, 202082 days to go.
Subscribe via Email