Foundation 2.8 Training Report
FOUNDATION 2.8 (02/27 – 03/05) TRAINING REPORT
The focus of this week’s training continued with endurance workouts in the big (53t) chainring. My Chronic Threshold Level (CTL), a measure of fitness, increased from 54 to 56, a level almost equalling my CTL of 57 at the time of my crash back on June 27, 2021. This was accomplished with a single 3 x 10 minute tempo workout and 9+ hours of endurance workouts, which included a five-hour endurance workout on Saturday.
HIGHLIGHTS: All cycling sessions were completed indoors with my recumbent trike on a kinetic trainer connected to either Garmin Vector 3 power pedals and a Garmin Edge 530 bike computer or a Kinetic smart trainer + Rouvy application.
- Tuesday’s Foundation Miles workout was 17.64 miles in 0:59:02. Average speed was 17.9 mph; maximum speed was 21.7 mph. Average power was 57 watts; maximum power was 91 watts.
- Wednesday’s Endurance Tempo (3 x 10 minute intervals) workout was 9.97 miles in 1:01:03. Average speed was 9.80 mph; maximum speed was 12.9 mph. Average power was 72 watts; maximum power was 161 watts.
- Friday’s Foundation Miles workout was 22.34 miles in 1:30:08. Average speed was 14.9 mph; maximum speed was 15.6 mph. Average power was 75 watts; maximum power was 94 watts.
- Saturday’s Endurance Miles workout was 73.21 miles in 5:00:05. Average speed was 14.6 mph; maximum speed was 15.4 mph. Average power was 72 watts; maximum power was 98 watts.
- Sunday’s Foundation Miles workout was 21.41 miles in 1:30:04. Average speed was 14.3 mph; maximum speed was 19.8 mph. Average power was 71 watts; maximum power was 130 watts.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Distance: 144.57 mi
- Longest Ride: 73.21 mi
- Total Time for Week: 10:55:22 (h:m:s)
- Avg Speed: 14.4 mph
- Max Speed: 21.7 mph
- Avg Power: 69 watts
- Max Power: 161 watts
- Calories: 2,873 C
- Avg Weight: 165.7