Are you ready to hire a cycling coach?
For a variety of reasons, some individuals thrive in a coaching relationship while others suffer. Before you hire any cycling coach, answer these four questions and be honest with yourself:
- Am I currently improving as an athlete? Am I showing continuous improvement as a self-coached athlete? If so, keep up the good work. You are clearly taking appropriate steps with your training. While a coach may be able to boost your performance even more, stick with what you are doing unless you hit a plateau where you just can’t seem to improve. This will be a better time to hire a coach.
- Am I committed to improving my performance? Am I willing and able to make the sacrifices necessary to ride and race faster? Will I commit to a periodized training regimen that may require different types of training throughout the year? Am I motivated to maximize my performance and are willing to traverse a potentially unexpected path to get there?
- Do I have the time? Do I have the time, as well as the support from my family and friends, to make my cycling goals a reality? Training for time trials requires upwards of 10 hours of training weekly. Will I have sufficient time, not only for my training, but for my interactions with my coach?
- Am I willing to listen? This might be the most important question. Am I going to listen to a coach and follow his/her instructions? Will I carry out the training plan as prescribed? Will I perform the workouts as directed?
If you answered “no,” “yes,” “yes,” and “yes” to these four questions, contact us and let’s chat about your cycling goals and a personalized training plan.
Ready to learn more?
Schedule your free one hour consultation today. We’ll chat about your cycling goals and all of your concerns about training, racing, gear, and lifestyle.
- Northern Virginia Senior Olympics 10km/20km Time TrialsSeptember 16, 201888 days to go.
Subscribe via Email