First 6 MATTS Races Announced
The 2021 Mid-America Time Trial Series (MATTS) is set to begin on Sunday, April 11th, with the John Fraser Memorial 10 Mile Time Trial, traditionally the first outdoor race of the series. Online registration for this race has already begun. The six races announced include:
- Sunday, April 11: ABD John Fraser Memorial 10 mile, Maple Park, IL
- Sunday, April 25: Rock River Multisport 20 km, Cherry Valley, IL
- Sunday, May 2: WBR Bong 20 km. Kansasville, WI
- Sunday, May 9: WBR Harvard 33.3 km , Harvard, IL
- Sunday, May 16: ABD Kaneville 20 km, Kaneville, IL
- Sunday, May 23: SKR Kankakee 20 km, Kankakee, IL
Special COVID precautions include: Online Registration or mail in entry only (may close 1 week before event to mail numbers), masked officials, minimum 2 minute start intervals, social distanced start line. (tape lines 6′ apart). Awards mailed or pick up at next event. Social distance or wear mask at parking area.
May’s four races will be increasingly challenging because they are on consecutive weekends. In past years, there would be a week or two gap between races.