Foundation 2.2 Training Report
FOUNDATION 2.2 (01/15 – 01/22) TRAINING REPORT
The focus of this week’s training continues to be increasing endurance and leg strength. The result was a seven point improvement in my Chronic Threshold Level (CTL), a measure of fitness, from 32 to 39. This was accomplished with three interval workouts of 4 x 8 minutes, 3 x 15 minutes, and 10 x 5 minutes, plus a 2-hour endurance workout. Also successfully completed two workouts of two sets of 10 repetitions of 10 pounds on six leg strength machines at my local fitness center.
HIGHLIGHTS: Each week typically consists of three or four interval cycling sessions, two recovery/endurance cycling sessions, three yoga sessions, and two strength machine sessions. All cycling sessions were completed indoors with my recumbent trike on a kinetic trainer connected to power pedals and a Garmin Edge 530 bike computer.
- Tuesday’s Over-Under 4 x 8 Minute Intervals workout was 13.65 miles in 1:15:02. Average speed was 10.9 mph; maximum speed was 13.8 mph. Average power was 80 watts; maximum power was 135 watts.
- Wednesday’s Foundation Miles workout was 9.32 miles in 0:56:02. Average speed was 10.0 mph; maximum speed was 13.2 mph. Average power was 65 watts; maximum power was 128 watts.
- Thursday’s Steady State 4 x 8 Minute Interval workout was 13.50 miles in 1:16:02. Average speed was 10.7 mph; maximum speed was 13.3 mph. Average power was 76 watts; maximum power was 132 watts.
- Saturday’s Sweet Spot Tempo 3 x 15 Minute Interval workout was 17.10 miles in 1:30:02. Average speed was 11.4 mph; maximum speed was 13.7 mph. Average power was 84 watts; maximum power was 150 watts.
- Sunday’s Endurance Miles 10 x 5 Minute Interval workout was 21.15 miles in 2:06:03. Average speed was 10.1 mph; maximum speed was 13.2 mph. Average power was 68 watts; maximum power was 133 watts.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Distance: 74.71 mi
- Longest Ride: 21.15 mi
- Total Time for Week: 8:18:11 (h:m:s)
- Avg Speed: 10.6 mph
- Max Speed: 13.8 mph
- Avg Power: 75 watts
- Max Power: 150 watts
- Calories: 2,715 C
- Avg Weight: 167.5