Preparation 1.2 Training Report
PREPARATION 1.2 (05/08 – 05/14) TRAINING REPORT
At the end of this week, I performed the first of five virtual race-paced rehearsal efforts on the National Senior Games (NSG) 10 kilometer course at North Park, PA. The results were very encouraging. Last year, the sole competitor in my NSG three-wheel recumbent age-group category only averaged 14.6 mph on a flat course. For this first rehearsal effort, I averaged 17.2 mph on a rolling hills course that included climbs with 3% and 5% grades. My second virtual rehearsal effort is scheduled for Sunday, May 28, with a goal of breaking 19 minutes.
HIGHLIGHTS: All cycling sessions were completed indoors with my recumbent trike on a Kinetic by Kurt Road Machine smart trainer + Rouvy application.
- Tuesday’s Fast Pedal (3 sets x 4 repeats at 1 minute) Interval workout was 11.55 miles in 0:52:02. Average speed was 13.3 mph; maximum speed was 15.8 mph. Average power was 59 watts; maximum power was 95 watts.
- Thursday’s Power (3-3-4-2-2 minutes) Interval workout was 11.14 miles in 0:46:02. Average speed was 14.5 mph; maximum speed was 18.0 mph. Average power was 74 watts; maximum power was 129 watts.
- Friday’s Endurance Miles workout was 22.04 miles in 1:30:08. Average speed was 14.7 mph; maximum speed was 20.1 mph. Average power was 75 watts; maximum power was 154 watts.
- Saturday’s Foundation (4 x 10 minute) Interval workout was 17.43 miles in 1:15:04. Average speed was 13.9 mph; maximum speed was 16.5 mph. Average power was 65 watts; maximum power was 108 watts.
- Sunday’s NSG virtual North Park 10 race rehearsal #1 was 5.56 miles in 0:19:22. Average speed was 17.2 mph; maximum speed was 31.8 mph. Average power was 128 watts; maximum power was 280 watts.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Distance: 75.06 mi
- Longest Ride: 22.04 mi
- Total Time for Week: 5:44:43 (h:m:s)
- Avg Speed: 14.3 mph
- Max Speed: 31.8 mph
- Avg Power: 76 watts
- Max Power: 280 watts
- Calories: 1,489 C
- Avg Weight: 169.7