Transition – Week 2 Training Report
TRANSITION – WEEK 2 TRAINING REPORT (09/04 – 09/10)
On Thursday, September 7th, I unveiled a countdown timer to my triple world record attempts a year from now. Specifically, I want to average 17+ mph on an outdoor track in order to complete 100 kilometers (62.14 miles) in 3:39:00; 100 miles in 5:53:00; 102 miles in 6:00:00. All of these results will qualify as Guinness World Records in my 75-79 age group.
Next week, I will start weight training three times a week for the next 30 weeks. The first eight weeks will be focused on periodized muscular endurance. The goal will be to increase my cadence and power so that I remain aerobic at 17 mph for 6 hours.
HIGHLIGHTS: All cycling sessions were completed indoors with my recumbent trike on a Kinetic by Kurt Road Machine smart trainer + Rouvy application.
- Monday’s Recovery – Endurance Blend (4/4 minutes) was 10.01 miles in 0:45:18. Average speed was 13.3 mph; maximum speed was 14.8 mph. Average power was 58 watts; maximum power was 78 watts.
- Tuesday’s Recovery Miles + Fast Pedal Intervals workout was 9.13 miles in 0:40:02. Average speed was 13.7 mph; maximum speed was 15.9 mph. Average power was 63 watts; maximum power was 102 watts.
- Wednesday was a rest day.
- Thursday’s Foundation Miles (5 x 5 minutes) Interval workout was 13.73 miles in 1:00:02. Average speed was 13.7 mph; maximum speed was 15.7 mph. Average power was 63 watts; maximum power was 91 watts.
- Friday’s Recovery Miles + Fast Pedals Interval workout was 9.18 miles in 0:40:01. Average speed was 13.8 mph; maximum speed was 15.6 mph. Average power was 67 watts; maximum power was 128 watts.
- Saturday was a rest day.
- Sunday’s Foundation Miles – Potpourri workout was 13.02 miles in 0:59:02. Average speed was 13.2 mph; maximum speed was 15.5 mph. Average power was 61 watts; maximum power was 93 watts.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Distance: 55.06 mi
- Longest Ride: 13.73 mi
- Total Time for Week: 4:04:25 (h:m:s)
- Avg Speed: 13.5 mph
- Max Speed: 15.9 mph
- Avg Power: 62 watts
- Max Power: 128 watts
- Calories: 874 C
- Avg Weight: 177.4