Transition – Week 1 Training Report
TRANSITION – WEEK 1 TRAINING REPORT (08/28 – 09/03)
I cancelled all of my remaining occupational and physical therapy appointments. My strained thumb is slowly improving to the point that I can twist a door knob without pain. My knee swelling is almost gone and I can insert my swollen foot – with a sock – into my cycling shoe.
I resumed structured workouts this week. We will follow every two consecutive workouts with a rest day for the next couple of weeks as we start to rebuild my fitness. Just before my injury, my chronic training load (CTL), which is a 42 day rolling average of my daily training stress scores, was 51. After almost three months off the bike, my CTL dropped to 10.
HIGHLIGHTS: All cycling sessions were completed indoors with my recumbent trike on a Kinetic by Kurt Road Machine smart trainer + Rouvy application.
- Monday was a rest day.
- Tuesday’s Fast Pedal (2 x 4 minutes) Intervals workouts was 10.49 miles in 0:45:01. Average speed was 14.0 mph; maximum speed was 16.0 mph. Average power was 66 watts; maximum power was 101 watts.
- Wednesday’s Foundation (4 x 5 minutes) Intervals workout was 12.64 miles in 0:55:01. Average speed was 15.1 mph; maximum speed was 15.2 mph. Average power was 65 watts; maximum power 79 watts.
- Thursday was a rest day.
- Friday’s 17 Minute Time Trial Warmup workout was 5.22 miles in 0:22:02. Average speed was 14.2 mph; maximum speed was 18.3 mph. Average power was 71 watts; maximum power was 149 watts.
- Saturday’s Field Test (2 x 8 minutes) Intervals workout was 15.82 miles in 1:05:25. Average speed was 14.5 mph; maximum speed was 18.2 mph. Average power was 75 watts; maximum power was 155 watts.
- Sunday was a rest day.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Distance: 44.17 mi
- Longest Ride: 15.82 mi
- Total Time for Week: 3:07:29 (h:m:s)
- Avg Speed: 14.1 mph
- Max Speed: 18.3 mph
- Avg Power: 69 watts
- Max Power: 155 watts
- Calories: 743 C
- Avg Weight: 176.5