Transition – Week 3 Training Report
TRANSITION – WEEK 3 TRAINING REPORT (09/11 – 09/17)
I had to postpone the start of 30 weeks of weight training until the first week of October. While the swelling in my right foot has been diminishing daily, I wasn’t comfortable subjecting it to the stress of weight training. My injured right hand is also steadily regaining its strength and flexibility.
My next mental conditioning session with my psychologist is October 18th.
HIGHLIGHTS: All cycling sessions were completed indoors with my recumbent trike on a Kinetic by Kurt Road Machine smart trainer + Rouvy application.
- Monday’s Recovery – Endurance Blend #3 workout was 10.50 miles in 0:47:01. Average speed was 13.4 mph; maximum speed was 15.4 mph. Average power was 63 watts; maximum power was 99 watts.
- Tuesday was a rest day.
- Wednesday’s Foundation Miles (5 x 6 minutes) Interval workout was 14.33 miles in 1:05:01. Average speed was 13.2 mph; maximum speed was 15.0 mph. Average power was 61 watts; maximum power was 88 watts.
- Thursday’s Recovery Miles + Fast Pedals Interval workout was 9.15 miles in 0:40:02. Average speed was 13.7 mph; maximum speed was 15.8 mph. Average power was 66 watts; maximum power was 105 watts.
- Friday was a rest day.
- Saturday’s Endurance Miles (3 x 10 minutes) workout was 14.50 miles in 1:01:04. Average speed was 14.2 mph; maximum speed was 16.1 mph. Average power was 73 watts; maximum power was 102 watts.
- Sunday’s Recovery-Endurance Blend (5 x 4/4 minutes) workout was 10.01 miles in 0:45:05. Average speed was 13.3 mph; maximum speed was 14.5 mph. Average power was 62 watts; maximum power was 79 watts.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Distance: 58.49 mi
- Longest Ride: 14.50 mi
- Total Time for Week: 4:18:13 (h:m:s)
- Avg Speed: 13.6 mph
- Max Speed: 16.1 mph
- Avg Power: 65 watts
- Max Power: 105 watts
- Calories: 965 C
- Avg Weight: 177.9