Transition – Week 4 Training Report
TRANSITION – WEEK 4 TRAINING REPORT (09/18 – 09/24)
This was the final week of the 2022-2023 race season. During the past year, I completed 331 sessions (training/racing) for 4,330.65 miles in 343 hours, 52 minutes, and 15 seconds. This was the second fewest miles yearly since I started cycling in 2000. My fewest mileage year was 4,080.64 miles in 2005 after I was rear-ended by a recreational cyclist during a training ride and suffered seven fractured ribs. The longest mileage year was 10,210.48 miles in 2001, my second year on the bike and my first year racing. Over the past 23 years, I’ve been averaging 6,000+ miles yearly. Total mileage for that same period is 145,861.34 miles. I will eclipse the 150,000 mile mark next year.
Injured right hand, knee, and foot are continuing to improve. Looking forward to starting strength training in two weeks. My psychologist had a cancellation. So, my next appointment is October 5th.
The pattern of two consecutive daily workouts on the trike, followed by a rest day, continues. My fitness level has increased from a Training Stress Score (TSS) of 11 a month ago to a TSS of 17 this week. The length of the individual workouts is increasing, along with interval duration and power intensity.
HIGHLIGHTS: All cycling sessions were completed indoors with my recumbent trike on a Kinetic by Kurt Road Machine smart trainer + Rouvy application.
- Monday was a rest day.
- Tuesday’s Foundation Miles (4 x 10 minutes) workout was 17.01 miles in 1:15:01. Average speed was 13.6 mph; maximum speed was 15.0 mph. Average power was 65 watts; maximum power was 89 watts.
- Wednesday’s Fast Pedals (3 x 3 x 1 minutes) Interval workout was 10.00 miles in 0:46:37. Average speed was 12.9 mph; maximum speed was 15.2 mph. Average power was 58 watts; maximum power was 92 watts.
- Thursday was a rest day.
- Friday’s Endurance Miles (3 x 10 minutes) Interval workout was 14.47 miles in 1:01:02. Average speed was 14.2 mph; maximum speed was 16.1 mph. Average power was 72 watts; maximum power was 102 watts.
- Saturday’s Endurance Miles-Negative Splits workout was 17.80 miles in 1:17:01. Average speed was 13.9 mph; maximum speed was 16.0 mph. Average power was 67 watts; maximum power was 106 watts.
- Sunday was a rest day.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Distance: 59.29 mi
- Longest Ride: 17.80 mi
- Total Time for Week: 4:19:36 (h:m:s)
- Avg Speed: 13.7 mph
- Max Speed: 16.1 mph
- Avg Power: 66 watts
- Max Power: 106 watts
- Calories: 983 C
- Avg Weight: 178.2