Foundation 3.6 Training Report
FOUNDATION 3.6 (04/10 – 04/16) TRAINING REPORT
This week, my coach and I decided to postpone my three world record attempts (100 kilometers/100 miles/6 hours) until 2024. I have started to address the lingering effects of post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD) from the aftermath of my crash in 2021. I have assembled a team of specialists led by a psychologist, including a neurological movement specialist, a visceral/neural manipulation specialist, and two physical therapists. Completed a 4 x 5 minute and a 3 x 8 minute tempo interval workout, plus 4+ hours of endurance miles workouts.
HIGHLIGHTS: All cycling sessions were completed indoors with my recumbent trike on a Kinetic by Kurt Road Machine smart trainer + Rouvy application.
- Monday’s Recovery Foundation Blend (4 x 5 minutes) Interval workout was 9.12 miles in 0:39:03. Average speed was 14.0 mph; maximum speed was 15.4 mph. Average power was 66 watts; maximum power was 85 watts.
- Thursday’s Foundation Miles workout was 18.04 miles in 1:15:02. Average speed was 14.4 mph; maximum speed was 16.8 mph. Average power was 70 watts; maximum power was 115 watts.
- Friday’s Steady State (3 x 8 minutes) Interval workout was 14.81 miles in 1:00:03. Average speed was 14.8 mph; maximum speed was 17.4 mph. Average power was 77 watts; maximum power was 122 watts.
- Saturday’s Endurance Miles workout was 23.17 miles in 1:30:03. Average speed was 15.4 mph; maximum speed was 16.2 mph. Average power was 82 watts; maximum power was 96 watts.
- Sunday’s Endurance Miles workout was 29.18 miles in 2:00:03. Average speed was 14.6 mph; maximum speed was 24.8 mph. Average power was 80 watts; maximum power was 138 watts.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Distance: 94.32 mi
- Longest Ride: 29.18 mi
- Total Time for Week: 7:24:14 (h:m:s)
- Avg Speed: 14.7 mph
- Max Speed: 24.8 mph
- Avg Power: 75 watts
- Max Power: 138 watts
- Calories: 1,938 C
- Avg Weight: 169.5