Preparation 2.4 Training Report
PREPARATION 2.4 TRAINING REPORT (11/13 – 11/19)
HIGHLIGHTS: This week was a gradual increase in overall fitness from a Chronic Training Load (CTL) of 30 last week to 31 this week. The time on the trike and in the gym were almost identical to last week. This brief lull is in preparation for a substantial increase in trike training time and intensity over the next four weeks.
This week’s training included five workouts on the trike and three strength workouts in the gym. The only rest day with no workouts was Thursday. Wednesday and Friday featured a trike workout followed by a strength workout.
Monday’s 30-minute Functional Strength workout was exclusively floor routines with weighted balls, leg and arm elastic bands/ropes. Wednesday’s 50-minute Anterior Strength and Friday’s 47-minute Posterior Strength workouts featured a new mix of strength machines, fitness bands/ropes, and floor exercises.
All cycling sessions were completed indoors with my recumbent trike on a Kinetic by Kurt Road Machine smart trainer + Rouvy application.
- Monday was a rest day off the bike. Completed 30-minute strength routine with floor exercises using resistance bands, weighted balls, and ropes.
- Tuesday’s Time Trial Intervals (6 x 3/4 minutes) workout was 15.76 miles in 1:08:01. Average speed was 13.9 mph; maximum speed was 17.6 mph. Average power was 69 watts; maximum power was 126 watts.
- Wednesday’s LO/HIGH Foundation Miles Intervals (3 x 10/5 minutes) workout was 15.28 miles in 1:07:01. Average speed was 13.7 mph; maximum speed was 15.5 mph. Average power was 64 watts; maximum power was 96 watts. The Anterior Strength workout was completed in 0:50:00.
- Thursday was a rest day off the bike.
- Friday’s Fast Pedals Intervals workout was 14.29 miles in 0:59:01. Average speed was 14.5 mph; maximum speed was 17.8 mph. Average power was 74 watts; maximum power was 142 watts. The Posterior Strength workout was completed in 0:47:00.
- Saturday’s Recovery-Endurance Blend Mixed workout was 14.76 miles in 1:04:02. Average speed was 13.8 mph; maximum speed was 15.8 mph. Average power was 66 watts; maximum power was 96 watts.
- Sunday’s Foundation Miles Intervals (4 x 12/4 minutes) workout was 19.41 miles in 1:23:01. Average speed was 14.0 mph; maximum speed was 15.4 mph. Average power was 68 watts; maximum power was 95 watts.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Distance: 79.50 mi
- Longest Ride: 19.41 mi
- Total Time for Week: 7:56:06 (h:m:s)
- Avg Speed: 14.0 mph
- Max Speed: 17.8 mph
- Avg Power: 68 watts
- Max Power: 142 watts
- Calories: 2,237 C
- Avg Weight: 177.8
- Chronic Training Load: 31 (+1)