Preparation 2.3 Training Report
PREPARATION 2.3 TRAINING REPORT (11/06 – 11/12)
HIGHLIGHTS: The focus this week was increased trike workout time and a big increase in strength training time from one hour and 29 minutes to two hours and 22 minutes. Monday’s in-person strength training session remained at 45 minutes. Wednesday’s “homework” strength training time increased from 24 minutes to 50 minutes. Friday’s “homework” strength training time increased from 20 minutes to 47 minutes. As a result of these training time increases, my Chronic Training Load (CTL) increased from 27 to 30.
This week’s training included five workouts on the trike and three strength workouts in the gym. The only rest day with no workouts was Thursday. Wednesday and Friday featured a trike workout followed by a strength workout.
Monday’s 45-minute Functional Strength workout was exclusively floor routines with weighted balls, leg and arm elastic bands/ropes. Wednesday’s 50-minute Anterior Strength and Friday’s 47-minute Posterior Strength workouts featured a new mix of strength machines, fitness bands/ropes, and floor exercises.
All cycling sessions were completed indoors with my recumbent trike on a Kinetic by Kurt Road Machine smart trainer + Rouvy application.
- Monday was a rest day off the bike. Completed 45-minute strength routine with floor exercises using resistance bands, weighted balls, and ropes.
- Tuesday’s Sweet Spot Tempo Intervals (5 x 5/4 minutes) workout was 14.40 miles in 1:00:02. Average speed was 14.4 mph; maximum speed was 16.8 mph. Average power was 74 watts; maximum power was 134 watts.
- Wednesday’s Foundation Miles Interval (4 x 10/4 minutes) workout was 17.25 miles in 1:15:02. Average speed was 13.8 mph; maximum speed was 15.4 mph. Average power was 65 watts; maximum power was 94 watts. The Anterior Strength workout was completed in 0:50:00.
- Thursday was a rest day off the bike.
- Friday’s Time Trial Intervals (5 x 3/4 minutes) workout was 14.30 miles in 1:01:00. Average speed was 14.1 mph; maximum speed was 17.3 mph. Average power was 70 watts; maximum power was 119 watts. The Posterior Strength workout was completed in 0:47:00.
- Saturday’s Endurance Miles-Coffee Shop Ride workout was 15.02 miles in 1:10:02. Average speed was 12.9 mph; maximum speed was 13.6 mph. Average power was 55 watts; maximum power was 86 watts.
- Sunday’s Foundation Miles Intervals (9 x 5/2 minutes) workout was 19.00 miles in 1:22:43. Average speed was 13.8 mph; maximum speed was 15.5 mph. Average power was 65 watts; maximum power was 95 watts.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Distance: 79.97 mi
- Longest Ride: 19.00 mi
- Total Time for Week: 8:10:49 (h:m:s)
- Avg Speed: 13.8 mph
- Max Speed: 17.3 mph
- Avg Power: 66 watts
- Max Power: 134 watts
- Calories: 2,261 C
- Avg Weight: 177.4
- Chronic Training Load: 30 (+3)