Preparation 2.2 Training Report
PREPARATION 2.2 TRAINING REPORT (10/30 – 11/05)
HIGHLIGHTS: The focus this week was recovery after eight straight weeks of Chronic Training Load (CTL) increases. I’ve improved my CTL fitness from 11 to 27. My CTL on the morning of my accident back on June 21, 2021, was 63. For the triple world record attempts on September 7, 2024, I expect that a CTL of 70-80+ will be necessary. To date, I’ve completed 42 workouts, counting time on the trike and in the gym. Total miles are 568.35; total workout time was 41h 34m 18s.
This week’s training included five workouts on the trike and three strength workouts in the gym. The only rest day with no workouts was Thursday. Wednesday and Friday featured a trike workout followed by a strength workout.
Monday’s 45-minute Functional Strength workout was exclusively floor routines with weighted balls, leg and arm elastic bands/ropes. Wednesday’s 24-minute Anterior Strength and Friday’s 20-minute Posterior Strength workouts were identical to last week. This week was the halfway point in the first 8-week phase (periodized muscular endurance) of my strength prepartion.
All cycling sessions were completed indoors with my recumbent trike on a Kinetic by Kurt Road Machine smart trainer + Rouvy application.
- Monday was a rest day off the bike. Completed 45-minute strength routine with floor exercises using resistance bands, weighted balls, and ropes.
- Tuesday’s Recovery Miles/Fast Pedals workout was 7.43 miles in 0:35:02. Average speed was 12.7 mph; maximum speed was 14.4 mph. Average power was 55 watts; maximum power was 85 watts.
- Wednesday’s Foundation Miles/Negative Splits workout was 15.82 miles in 1:07:01. Average speed was 14.2 mph; maximum speed was 16.4 mph. Average power was 70 watts; maximum power was 105 watts. The Anterior Strength workout was completed in 0:24:00.
- Thursday was a rest day off the bike.
- Friday’s Endurance Miles/Coffee Shop Ride workout was 14.26 miles in 1:10:02. Average speed was 12.2 mph; maximum speed was 13.1 mph. Average power was 49 watts; maximum power was 66 watts. The Posterior Strength workout was completed in 0:20:00.
- Saturday’s Tempo Intervals (3 x 10/4 minutes) workout was 15.34 miles in 1:07:01. Average speed was 13.7 mph; maximum speed was 15.6 mph. Average power was 65 watts; maximum power was 92 watts.
- Sunday’s Foundation Miles workout was 12.66 miles in 1:00:02. Average speed was 13.7 mph; maximum speed was 15.3 mph. Average power was 63 watts; maximum power was 90 watts.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Distance: 66.52 mi
- Longest Ride: 15.82 mi
- Total Time for Week: 6:28:08 (h:m:s)
- Avg Speed: 13.3 mph
- Max Speed: 16.4 mph
- Avg Power: 60 watts
- Max Power: 105 watts
- Calories: 1,644 C
- Avg Weight: 177.8
- Chronic Training Load: 27 (0)