Preparation 2.1 Training Report
PREPARATION 2.1 TRAINING REPORT (10/23 – 10/29)
HIGHLIGHTS: This week’s training included five workouts on the trike and three strength workouts in the gym. The only rest day with no workouts was Thursday. Wednesday and Friday featured a trike workout followed by a strength workout.
In the 10 weeks since I resumed structured workouts, my weekly time on the trike has increased from 4H 33M to 7H 18M; my fitness level, Chronic Training Load (CTL), increased from 11 to 27; total weekly mileage increased from 56.4 miles to 80.83 miles.
Monday’s 45-minute Functional Strength workout was exclusively floor routines with weighted balls, leg and arm elastic bands/ropes. Wednesday’s 24-minute Anterior Strength and Friday’s 20-minute Posterior Strength workouts were identical to last week.
All cycling sessions were completed indoors with my recumbent trike on a Kinetic by Kurt Road Machine smart trainer + Rouvy application.
- Monday was a rest day off the bike. Completed 45-minute strength routine with floor exercises using resistance bands, weighted balls, and ropes.
- Tuesday’s Steady State Efforts (6 x 4/4 minutes) workout was 17.20 miles in 1:15:03. Average speed was 13.8 mph; maximum speed was 17.2 mph. Average power was 67 watts; maximum power was 115 watts.
- Wednesday’s Foundation Intervals (4 x 10/4 minutes) workout was 17.34 miles in 1:15:01. Average speed was 13.9 mph; maximum speed was 15.4 mph. Average power was 66 watts; maximum power was 96 watts. The Anterior Strength workout was completed in 0:24:00.
- Thursday was a rest day off the bike.
- Friday’s Sweet Spot Tempo Intervals (3 x 8/6 minutes) workout was 17.88 miles in 1:15:05. Average speed was 14.3 mph; maximum speed was 17.6 mph. Average power was 72 watts; maximum power was 138 watts. The Posterior Strength workout was completed in 0:20:00.
- Saturday’s Foundation Miles Intervals (4 x 6/4 minutes) workout was 15.01 miles in 1:05:36. Average speed was 13.7 mph; maximum speed was 15.3 mph. Average power was 64 watts; maximum power was 87 watts.
- Sunday’s Recovery-Endurance Blend Mixed #2 workout was 13.40 miles in 0:58:03. Average speed was 13.9 mph; maximum speed was 16.0 mph. Average power was 66 watts; maximum power was 98 watts.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Distance: 80.83 mi
- Longest Ride: 17.88 mi
- Total Time for Week: 7:17:48 (h:m:s)
- Avg Speed: 13.9 mph
- Max Speed: 17.6 mph
- Avg Power: 67 watts
- Max Power: 138 watts
- Calories: 1,943 C
- Avg Weight: 178.0