Preparation 1.4 Training Report
PREPARATION 1.4 TRAINING REPORT (10/16 – 10/22)
Similar to last week, this week’s training included five workouts on the trike and three strength workouts in the gym. The only rest day with no workouts was Thursday. Wednesday and Friday featured a trike workout followed by a strength workout.
My weekly fitness score – Chronic Training Load (CTL) – continues to climb by 2-3 points per week. Last week my CTL was 22. This week’s CTL was 25. I am slowly regaining the fitness lost while off the trike for several months due to my injured right hand, knee, and foot.
Monday’s 45-minute Functional Strength workout was a mix of several arm strength machines followed by floor routines with leg and arm elastic bands/ropes. Wednesday’s 24-minute Anterior Strength workout featured routines on three strength machines followed by dumbbell bicep curls and elastic band stretches. Friday’s 20-minute Posterior Strength workout featured routines on five strength machines followed by Suspension Mid Row routine, essentially pull-ups while leaning back supported by a wall-mounted rope.
HIGHLIGHTS: All cycling sessions were completed indoors with my recumbent trike on a Kinetic by Kurt Road Machine smart trainer + Rouvy application.
- Monday was a rest day off the bike. Completed 45-minute strength routine with floor exercises using arm-strength machines, resistance bands, and ropes.
- Tuesday’s Steady State Efforts (5 x 4/4 minutes) workout was 15.00 miles in 1:04:12. Average speed was 14.1 mph; maximum speed was 17.1 mph. Average power was 71 watts; maximum power was 116 watts.
- Wednesday’s Foundation Intervals (4 x 8/4 minutes) workout was 15.25 miles in 1:07:01. Average speed was 13.7 mph; maximum speed was 15.4 mph. Average power was 64 watts; maximum power was 90 watts. The Anterior Strength workout was completed in 0:24:00.
- Thursday was a rest day off the bike.
- Friday’s Fast Pedal Intervals (4 x 3 x 30 seconds) workout was 13.65 miles in 0:54:03. Average speed was 14.0 mph; maximum speed was 17.4 mph. Average power was 68 watts; maximum power was 135 watts. The Posterior Strength workout was completed in 0:20:00.
- Saturday’s Recovery-Endurance Blend Mixed workout was 13.65 miles in 0:54:03. Average speed was 14.0 mph; maximum speed was 17.4 mph. Average power was 68 watts; maximum power was 135 watts.
- Sunday’s Foundation Miles-Potpourri workout was 18.54 miles in 1:21:02. Average speed was 13.4 mph; maximum speed was 15.7 mph. Average power was 64 watts; maximum power was 92 watts.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Distance: 76.25 mi
- Longest Ride: 18.54 mi
- Total Time for Week: 6:59:19 (h:m:s)
- Avg Speed: 13.8 mph
- Max Speed: 17.4 mph
- Avg Power: 67 watts
- Max Power: 135 watts
- Calories: 1,855 C
- Avg Weight: 177.4