Preparation 1.3 Training Report
PREPARATION 1.3 TRAINING REPORT (10/09 – 10/15)
This week’s training included five workouts on the trike and three strength workouts in the gym. The only rest day with no workouts was Thursday. Wednesday and Friday featured a trike workout followed by a strength workout.
As noted in last week’s training report, my psychologist wants me to explore using a music playlist synced to my pedal cadence during any trike workouts lasting more than three hours. I purchased a small MP3 player with enough music capacity and battery life for the record attempt. I’m considering hiring a local disc jockey to help me assemble a suitable playlist. I only need my coach’s recommended cadence goal.
Before Friday’s workout, I discovered that my trike’s rear tire was flat. This was highly unusual because almost all of the 7,200+ miles I’ve ridden on it have been indoors on a trainer. The likely culprit is a slow leak around the valve stem. I was able to inflate the tire before each workout since the discovery and complete the workouts without any problem. I will replace the inner tube this week, which should remedy the problem. Just a coincidence that this occurred on Friday the 13th?
HIGHLIGHTS: All cycling sessions were completed indoors with my recumbent trike on a Kinetic by Kurt Road Machine smart trainer + Rouvy application.
- Monday was a rest day off the bike. Completed 45-minute strength routine with floor exercises using resistance bands and ropes.
- Tuesday’s Steady State Efforts (5 x 3/3 minutes) workout was 12.73 miles in 0:54:02. Average speed was 14.1 mph; maximum speed was 17.1 mph. Average power was 71 watts; maximum power was 116 watts.
- Wednesday’s Fast Pedals Interval workout was 11.63 miles in 0:49:02. Average speed was 14.2 mph; maximum speed was 17.0 mph. Average power was 71 watts; maximum power was 145 watts. The Anterior Strength workout was completed in 0:24:00.
- Thursday was a rest day off the bike.
- Friday’s Recovery-Endurance Blend Mixed workout was 15.00 miles in 1:04:11. Average speed was 14.0 mph; maximum speed was 16.2 mph. Average power was 68 watts; maximum power was 102 watts. The Posterior Strength workout was completed in 0:19:00.
- Saturday’s Foundation Miles (3 x 6 minutes) workout was 11.80 miles in 0:52:01. Average speed was 13.6 mph; maximum speed was 17.4 mph. Average power was 64 watts; maximum power was 144 watts.
- Sunday’s Foundation Miles-Potpourri workout was 15.31 miles in 1:07:00. Average speed was 13.7 mph; maximum speed was 15.8 mph. Average power was 64 watts; maximum power was 94 watts.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Distance: 66.48 mi
- Longest Ride: 15.31 mi
- Total Time for Week: 6:15:16 (h:m:s)
- Avg Speed: 13.9 mph
- Max Speed: 17.4 mph
- Avg Power: 68 watts
- Max Power: 145 watts
- Calories: 1,706 C
- Avg Weight: 177.1