Preparation 1.2 Training Report
PREPARATION 1.2 TRAINING REPORT (10/02 – 10/08)
This was the first week of structured training with a strength coach at a local gym. The primary focus of the three weekly workouts over the next 30 weeks will be overall strength and conditioning for the triple record attempts. The first eight-week block focuses on periodized muscular endurance.
Monday’s strength workout focuses on reviewing last week’s workouts. Wednesday’s five-exercise workout focuses on my anterior muscle group with Machine Seated Chest Press, Machine Leg Press, Machine Seated Leg Extension, Dumbbell Bicep Curl, and Band Pallof Press. Friday’s six-exercise workout focuses on my posterior muscle group with Machine Seated Leg Curl, Machine Seated Abduction, Machine Seated Hip Adduction, Machine Seated Neutral Grip, Machine Tricep Pushdowns, and Suspension Mid Row.
My psychologist asked me to start taking notes of any lapses in concentration during my trike workouts. She also wants me to explore using a music playlist synced to my pedal cadence during any trike workouts lasting more than three hours.
HIGHLIGHTS: All cycling sessions were completed indoors with my recumbent trike on a Kinetic by Kurt Road Machine smart trainer + Rouvy application.
- Monday was a rest day off the bike. Completed an initial 45-minute strength assessment with several machines and floor exercises.
- Tuesday’s Pre-Event Ride workout was 13.40 miles in 1:00:03. Average speed was 13.4 mph; maximum speed was 16.8 mph. Average power was 61 watts; maximum power was 140 watts.
- Wednesday’s Aerobic Tempo Interval (4 x 4 minutes) workout was 13.15 miles in 0:56:22. Average speed was 14.0 mph; maximum speed was 17.2 mph. Average power was 68 watts; maximum power was 135 watts. The Anterior Strength workout was completed in 0:24:00.
- Thursday’s Foundation Blend Interval (4 x 3 minutes) workout was 6.66 miles in 0:31:01. Average speed was 12.9 mph; maximum speed was 14.4 mph. Average power was 56 watts; maximum power was 74 watts.
- Friday was a rest day off the bike. The Posterior Strength workout was completed in 0:19:00.
- Saturday’s Recovery-Endurance Blend Interal (5 x 4/4 minutes) workout was 9.73 miles in 0:45:03. Average speed was 13.0 mph; maximum speed was 14.3 mph. Average power was 57 watts; maximum power was 75 watts.
- Sunday’s Power Profile Testing Sprint workout was 13.33 miles in 1:00:02. Average speed was 13.3 mph; maximum speed was 19.7 mph. Average power was 61 watts; maximum power was 185 watts.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Distance: 56.27 mi
- Longest Ride: 13.40 mi
- Total Time for Week: 5:40:31 (h:m:s)
- Avg Speed: 13.4 mph
- Max Speed: 19.7 mph
- Avg Power: 61 watts
- Max Power: 185 watts
- Calories: 1,470 C
- Avg Weight: 177.7