Preparation 2.1 Training Report
PREPARATION 2.1 (05/29 – 06/04) TRAINING REPORT
With only 38 days to go before my first race at National Senior Games, there is still no information on the time trial or road race venues, where to pick up race numbers, and other operational information. A list of registered competitors was posted yesterday, but it doesn’t include anyone racing with either a two-wheel or a three-wheel recumbent.
Notwithstanding this lack of organization, I am still committed to participating in the two time trial races. I recognize a number of former competitors from Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia, that I faced from 2010 through 2018. Training continues to focus on intervals at race pace and anaerobic efforts. Coach raised my functional threshold power level from 94 watts to 115 watts as a result of last week’s two virtual race efforts.
HIGHLIGHTS: All cycling sessions were completed indoors with my recumbent trike on a Kinetic by Kurt Road Machine smart trainer + Rouvy application.
- Tuesday’s Foundation (4 x 5 minutes) Intervals workouts was 12.76 miles in 0:56:12. Average speed was 13.6 mph; maximum speed was 16.7 mph. Average power was 61 watts; maximum power was 93 watts.
- Wednesday’s Steady State (3 x 8 minutes) Intervals workout was 16.01 miles in 1:05:04. Average speed was 14.8 mph; maximum speed was 17.4 mph. Average power was 76 watts; maximum power 124 watts.
- Thursday’s Endurance Miles workout was 15.82 miles in 1:11:57. Average speed was 13.2 mph; maximum speed was 13.6 mph. Average power was 56 watts; maximum power was 67 watts.
- Friday’s Sweet Spot Tempo (4 x 10 minutes) Intervals workout was 19.31 miles in 1:19:04. Average speed was 14.7 mph; maximum speed was 17.0 mph. Average power was 73 watts; maximum power was 105 watts.
- Saturday’s Foundation Miles (Varied) workout was 18.74 miles in 1:21:04. Average speed was 13.9 mph; maximum speed was 16.0 mph. Average power was 64 watts; maximum power was 95 watts.
- Sunday’s 27 Mile “Bowtie” Ride was 27.41 miles in 1:42:48. Average speed was 16.1 mph; maximum speed was 20.8 mph. Average power was 92 watts; maximum power was 180 watts.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Total Distance: 109.99 mi
- Longest Ride: 27.41 mi
- Total Time for Week: 7:37:19 (h:m:s)
- Avg Speed: 14.4 mph
- Max Speed: 21.2 mph
- Avg Power: 72 watts
- Max Power: 180 watts
- Calories: 1,681 C
- Avg Weight: 171.4